Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Keep your sunny side up


Sometimes nights are long and days are longer.
And nerves stretched to the breaking point somehow find moments to rest just when you think they might snap and for good this time.
When your well is low or has run dry completely.

That is the perfect time to borrow joy and laughter from any and all sources -
Movies, music, friends, family, cats anything that brings a smile or a giggle no matter how faint.
It is so important to focus however dimly on joy, laughter and peace despite how far it feels from your grasp.
Simply the act of reaching for it brings it closer at hand.

Tonight was a night of reaching and all that I pulled back reminded me how grateful I am for the many blessings in my life.
They are immeasurable and each one fills my well a little higher when remembered and accounted for.
Case in point: I am grateful for a complete stranger posting the below clip on youtube of a rare song I love sung by a sweet silent film star with silly fun audience antics to boot.



And that one of my dearest friends Brianna sent me this hilarious pic on HER birthday:


Don't forget to laugh amid the tears and find joy through your sorrows.
Your life will be richer because of it.
Keep your sunny side up!

No comments: